Friday, July 31, 2009

How did I miss this???

Wow... I can tell that I was pretty preoccupied when I was reading through a bunch of this stuff. I really don't know how I managed it but I missed one of the most incredible pieces of legislation that was designed so that there was no way to be able to get rid of it...

I promise, this is copied exactly from the health care bill, page 53, lines 15 through 20.

15 SEC. 155. SEVERABILITY.
16 If any provision of this Act, or any application of such
17 provision to any person or circumstance, is held to be un
18 constitutional, the remainder of the provisions of this Act
19 and the application of the provision to any other person
20 or circumstance shall not be affected.


How can you beat that?? IF anyone challenges any part of this, and the court finds it to be unconstitutional, then that WILL ONLY APPLY TO THAT SPECIFIC ENTITY AND ONLY THAT INSTANCE!!! They have written into this a way to circumvent the balance of power. They have taken the Legislative branch power and have written in to their legislation an overthrow of the power of the Judicial branch, and the people. If there was ever a reason to turn against this, and ANY politician who votes for it, this is it. They have taken total power in their hands, and have tried to take away any power that the people could have.

No comments:

Post a Comment