Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Starting out...

Writers talk about the blank page... I guess that this is the same thing. I have all these thoughts in my head about what to say, what I was going to say about starting this blog and why I was doing it, and I just sat, and looked at the blank, white screen. Well, I gotta start somewhere, with something, so here goes.

I am doing this, at the suggestion of my wife, because I have an opinion, just like everyone else does. My opinion is not any more important, nor should it be of greater interest to many people than any other opinion should be. However, I do think that I am a bit better informed than a LOT of people seem to be. I have time, and interest, and so I read and research.

I spent 22 years of my life in the Army. A lot of that time was spent in Intelligence and Operations. As a side effect of that, if you will, I have gotten very good at research. I have learned how to find information and how to verify information. SO, when I get the emails about all the political statements that have been made or things that have happened, I try to go out and verify them from several different sources. As a result of that, I have found a lot of things that are true, a number that were false, and some that were... Well... sort of true, but taken out of context to make them seem to be something that they were not. Also, in the process of verification of some of those things, I have found a lot of other, very interesting information.

These are the sort of things that I will be sharing here. Yes, this will be a Political Commentary blog. Yes, I will be ranting about various political things, actions taken by the people in office, inaction by the people in office, ineptitude on a minor and on a grand scale by office holders and their minions. I will praise them when praise is due, and will scold them when they are deserving of that as well. I will be taking on the main stream press on a lot of points because they seem to have totally sold out their right to be called a public news source and have become instead a political action organization promoting what they want and ignoring anything that does not agree. You might notice that I have not mentioned any party affiliation, that is because I don't have one, really... I tend to feel that all of the current office holders are about the same. There are some of them that I like (very few), and some that I don't (most of them) and what side of the aisle they are on doesn't matter to me in the least. What does matter is if they are fiscally conservative, fiscally responsible, and if they truly support their constituents.

Well, enough for the moment, and I will start with the "real meat and potatoes" of the blog world tomorrow. Please, everyone, if you have any points to offer, questions to ask, or just comments in general, I am interested in what you have to say.

Wingman

No comments:

Post a Comment